Jump to content
Aiman H

DNS manager on WiseCP

Recommended Posts

Hello,

As you know we are interested by moving from WHMCS to WiseCP, and its important to have a DNS manager that connect to cPanel DNS only and DirectAdmin.

We already have this feature on WHMCS, but if we will move to WiseCP, its important to have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 5:12 PM, Aiman H said:

Hello,

As you know we are interested by moving from WHMCS to WiseCP, and its important to have a DNS manager that connect to cPanel DNS only and DirectAdmin.

We already have this feature on WHMCS, but if we will move to WiseCP, its important to have it.

Thank you for writing on our community forums.

We will make thought about "cPanel Dns Manager".  Thank you for your suggestion.

When we review DirectAdmin API documents, we don't see any pages for DNS management. https://www.directadmin.com/api.php. If there is such support on the API side, we can provide the necessary work to include it in WISECP. We kindly ask you to contact DirectAdmin about this.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @ISelvi,

I would also like to see a DNS Manager so when a User purchases a Domain without Hosting the Domain NS Servers and Records are setup automatically. I've contacted DirectAdmin and this is possible. Please see conversation below. 

-----

Hello,

Yes, the the area:
Admin Level -> DNS Management

controls all zones and records, without the need for any User account/passwords, etc.
You can create an API to create and manage just the zones.

The command in question is:
CMD_API_DNS_ADMIN
which can be found in the versions system ,eg:
https://directadmin.com/features.php?id=504

more more changes listed:
https://directadmin.com/search_versions.php?help=yes&versions=yes&query=CMD_API_DNS_ADMIN

When you do connect to DA, I would recommend creating a Login Key under the admin account, which is used instead of the admin password.
The Login Key can be restricted to only be allowed to connect from certain IPs, and run certain commands.

Related, see example C:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=523

Thank you,

John
-----------------------------------------------------
DirectAdmin Web Control Panel
https://tickets.directadmin.com

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Hello,
We're using WISECP Billing Software and we were wondering is it possible to create a DNS Manager so when a User purchases a Domain (without purchasing Hosting) the DNS is set up automatically. I've checked and WISECP already has such post - https://community.wisecp.com/index.php?/topic/24-dns-manager-on-wisecp/ stating it isn't available in your API.

 

-----

Many Thanks

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 10:46 PM, Mark said:

Hello @ISelvi,

I would also like to see a DNS Manager so when a User purchases a Domain without Hosting the Domain NS Servers and Records are setup automatically. I've contacted DirectAdmin and this is possible. Please see conversation below. 

-----

Hello,

Yes, the the area:
Admin Level -> DNS Management

controls all zones and records, without the need for any User account/passwords, etc.
You can create an API to create and manage just the zones.

The command in question is:
CMD_API_DNS_ADMIN
which can be found in the versions system ,eg:
https://directadmin.com/features.php?id=504

more more changes listed:
https://directadmin.com/search_versions.php?help=yes&versions=yes&query=CMD_API_DNS_ADMIN

When you do connect to DA, I would recommend creating a Login Key under the admin account, which is used instead of the admin password.
The Login Key can be restricted to only be allowed to connect from certain IPs, and run certain commands.

Related, see example 😄
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=523


Thank you,

John
-----------------------------------------------------
DirectAdmin Web Control Panel
https://tickets.directadmin.com

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Hello,
We're using WISECP Billing Software and we were wondering is it possible to create a DNS Manager so when a User purchases a Domain (without purchasing Hosting) the DNS is set up automatically. I've checked and WISECP already has such post - https://community.wisecp.com/index.php?/topic/24-dns-manager-on-wisecp/ stating it isn't available in your API.

 

-----

Many Thanks

Mark

Thank you for your reply.

I'll inform our technical team to review this.

Thank you for your interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ISelvi said:

Thank you for your reply.

I'll inform our technical team to review this.

Thank you for your interest.

Something like this would be awesome and it supports Directadmin DNS

https://whmcsdnsmodule.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kopiko said:

Something like this would be awesome and it supports Directadmin DNS

https://whmcsdnsmodule.com/

So I asked if it was possible for them to port their whmcs module to wisecp and they asked for an sdk. Can any admin confirm if there is a wisecp sdk? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...