Preparation for later migration with a free license?

clusterx

Question

I've been using Wordpress & WHMCS for about 5 years, so a migration and changeover will take some time because the productive system has to continue to run by the way ...

- Can I use a free license to create only the new website (without whmcs migration)?
- I have to do the development work under a different (test) domain name and later I will switch to the productive domain name ... Is this possible?

when the website (info and order) pages are ready I want to buy & activate the real license to migrate from WHMCS under the main productive domain name.

One more question about securing the admin area ... can I protect the admin area with a .htaccess password without losing functions in the frontend?

Thanks in advance

1 answer to this question

On 4/17/2021 at 4:02 PM, clusterx said:

- Can I use a free license to create only the new website (without whmcs migration)?

Yes you can.

- I have to do the development work under a different (test) domain name and later I will switch to the productive domain name ... Is this possible?

Yes it is possible.

One more question about securing the admin area ... can I protect the admin area with a .htaccess password without losing functions in the frontend?

You don't need to encrypt it with htaccess. Because WISECP has superior protection measures than htaccess password protection. For detailed information: https://docs.wisecp.com/en/kb/admin-access-security

Thank you for your interest. 

If you require any further information, feel free to contact us.

• Thanks 1

Helpful links : Developer Center | Usage Guide | Translate | What's New?