Jump to content
  • 0

Recurring payment gateways?


Question

Hi there!

I installed your GREAT script with trial license and I really love it features and want to migrate from WHMCS asap, but I need to code custom gateway module what Im trying todo now, but I cant find any info about how to make it recurring?

Is it possible?

Thanks!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Welcome to our community!

Would you like to develop your own module? Currently we do not have documentation about it but all our payment gateways, modules, plugins, themes are open-source. You can easily find them in your WISECP Installation and understand the structure.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Tim said:

Welcome to our community!

Would you like to develop your own module? Currently we do not have documentation about it but all our payment gateways, modules, plugins, themes are open-source. You can easily find them in your WISECP Installation and understand the structure.

 

Hi there!

I understand you dont have documentation yet as it big part of job to create good docs!

Yes, I already developed the payment module for it, but if I want to make it to renew automatically, I need to make it to receive notifications of payments after initial payment is received (for example after 1 month) and associate it with appropriate invoice in WiseCP system.

I started to learn PayPal gateway code, but I cant find how the recurring payments implemented, Im not sure they are implemented in this module.
Stripe is ioncube encoded, so cant learn it.

Wondering, if this feature available or not developed yet?

Thanks!

Edited by Andrij
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, Andrij said:

Hi there!

I understand you dont have documentation yet as it big part of job to create good docs!

Yes, I already developed the payment module for it, but if I want to make it to renew automatically, I need to make it to receive notifications of payments after initial payment is received (for example after 1 month) and associate it with appropriate invoice in WiseCP system.

I started to learn PayPal gateway code, but I cant find how the recurring payments implemented, Im not sure they are implemented in this module.
Stripe is ioncube encoded, so cant learn it.

Wondering, if this feature available or not developed yet?

Thanks!

Currently recurring payments are not supported, but we will surely support them in future.
If Stripe is ioncube encoded, we will be happy to provide you with its source code. Please create a support ticket in our client area:
https://my.wisecp.com/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Tim said:

Currently recurring payments are not supported, but we will surely support them in future.
If Stripe is ioncube encoded, we will be happy to provide you with its source code. Please create a support ticket in our client area:
https://my.wisecp.com/

Hi there!

Thanks for reply!
Stripe is not needed in case it not support recurring ?
Do you have any ETA for recurring payments integration?

Thanks alot for your help!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, Andrij said:

Hi there!

Thanks for reply!
Stripe is not needed in case it not support recurring ?
Do you have any ETA for recurring payments integration?

Thanks alot for your help!
 

Hello Andrij

For now, there is no ETA for recurring payments. However, our technical team will work on this issue.

Helpful links : Developer Center | Usage Guide | Translate | What's New?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/18/2019 at 11:23 PM, Onur said:

Hello Andrij

For now, there is no ETA for recurring payments. However, our technical team will work on this issue.

 

Is there any update on this?  Is it in active development?  It's been two years now since this post.

 

I'm now looking to move away from WHCMS and WiseCP was looking to be top of my list until I realised you don't support recurring billing.   For me this is a deal breaker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/13/2021 at 4:13 AM, ADz83 said:

 

Is there any update on this?  Is it in active development?  It's been two years now since this post.

 

I'm now looking to move away from WHCMS and WiseCP was looking to be top of my list until I realised you don't support recurring billing.   For me this is a deal breaker.

We received lots of notifications on this matter and took immediate action. We are working on recurring payments. We can say that it is less than 1 month for ETA.

  • Like 1

Helpful links : Developer Center | Usage Guide | Translate | What's New?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Onur said:

We received lots of notifications on this matter and took immediate action. We are working on recurring payments. We can say that it is less than 1 month for ETA.

That's awesome news!    Less than 1 month is very welcome news.

Will it also have the ability to automatically cancel Paypal subscriptions upon cancelling their product in client area?   This is a feature WHMCS has which is very useful and means we don't have forgetful clients complaining that they were charged again.  We can also cancel subscriptions with click of a button.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/15/2021 at 4:56 AM, ADz83 said:

That's awesome news!    Less than 1 month is very welcome news.

Will it also have the ability to automatically cancel Paypal subscriptions upon cancelling their product in client area?   This is a feature WHMCS has which is very useful and means we don't have forgetful clients complaining that they were charged again.  We can also cancel subscriptions with click of a button.

If an order is canceled, the subscription is automatically canceled. But this feature is not available in Whmcs as you said. We tested it 2 days ago. Canceled orders are not automatic canceled in whmcs. However, you can cancel the subscription on the order from the admin area.

At WISECP, when an order is canceled, it will be automatically canceled if there is a Paypal subscription.

Additionally, if you change the prices of product packages, this will be updated on Paypal subscription.

Helpful links : Developer Center | Usage Guide | Translate | What's New?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, Onur said:

If an order is canceled, the subscription is automatically canceled. But this feature is not available in Whmcs as you said. We tested it 2 days ago. Canceled orders are not automatic canceled in whmcs. However, you can cancel the subscription on the order from the admin area.

At WISECP, when an order is canceled, it will be automatically canceled if there is a Paypal subscription.

Additionally, if you change the prices of product packages, this will be updated on Paypal subscription.

The feature is available in WHMCS.  Your tests have not been accurate.

 

When a product is cancelled by a user their side WHMCS automatically cancelled the Paypal subscription for them.  We also have a button to do it manually within Admin area of WHMCS.     I can 100% conform both of these features are in WHMCS because they're used regularly.

However I am glad to see you have also included the automatic cancellation of the subscription.

Can you also confirm you will include the option to force subscription on a product group if using Paypal option?   For example a user chooses a product and chooses Paypal as payment but is forced to use Subscription option?  We need this feature within WiseCP lik we have in WHMCS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, ADz83 said:

The feature is available in WHMCS.  Your tests have not been accurate.

 

When a product is cancelled by a user their side WHMCS automatically cancelled the Paypal subscription for them.  We also have a button to do it manually within Admin area of WHMCS.     I can 100% conform both of these features are in WHMCS because they're used regularly.

However I am glad to see you have also included the automatic cancellation of the subscription.

Can you also confirm you will include the option to force subscription on a product group if using Paypal option?   For example a user chooses a product and chooses Paypal as payment but is forced to use Subscription option?  We need this feature within WiseCP lik we have in WHMCS.

Hi @ADz83

In the Whmcs system we used for testing, we saw that if the process is made only through the unsubscribe button in the admin area > order detail, the subscription is canceled on Paypal.

When the status of an order was updated to "cancel", the subscription on Paypal was still seen as active.

The feature to force paypal subscription for a product line will likely be available.

We are still working on the v2.3.1 version, although it is not certain, it could be ready in an estimated 1-2 weeks. This period may vary.

  • Like 1

Helpful links : Developer Center | Usage Guide | Translate | What's New?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/3/2021 at 10:59 AM, Onur said:

Hi @ADz83

In the Whmcs system we used for testing, we saw that if the process is made only through the unsubscribe button in the admin area > order detail, the subscription is canceled on Paypal.

When the status of an order was updated to "cancel", the subscription on Paypal was still seen as active.

The feature to force paypal subscription for a product line will likely be available.

We are still working on the v2.3.1 version, although it is not certain, it could be ready in an estimated 1-2 weeks. This period may vary.

 

Yes cancelling order doesn't cancel subscription in WHMCS.    It only cancels if you cancel an active product.

Thanks for the update on ETA.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Onur said:

This is what we were talking about. Under any circumstances, if an order is canceled, the subscription must also be canceled.

Yeah I thought you were referring to an active product.  Thanks for clarifying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/3/2021 at 10:59 AM, Onur said:

Hi @ADz83

In the Whmcs system we used for testing, we saw that if the process is made only through the unsubscribe button in the admin area > order detail, the subscription is canceled on Paypal.

When the status of an order was updated to "cancel", the subscription on Paypal was still seen as active.

The feature to force paypal subscription for a product line will likely be available.

We are still working on the v2.3.1 version, although it is not certain, it could be ready in an estimated 1-2 weeks. This period may vary.

 

Is there any more news on 2.3.1?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, ADz83 said:

 Great news.    Is there an option to set mandatory subscription for product/group like in WHMCS?

There is a setting to force the subscription in general, but it is not possible on a product/group basis yet.

Can you tell me where is the setting for force Paypal subscription based on product/group in Whmcs?

Helpful links : Developer Center | Usage Guide | Translate | What's New?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 6/4/2021 at 9:50 PM, Onur said:

There is a setting to force the subscription in general, but it is not possible on a product/group basis yet.

Can you tell me where is the setting for force Paypal subscription based on product/group in Whmcs?

My apologies I was mistaken.  I've not touched option in a while and thought it was possible to set per product.   It seems you can only force subscription on or off for gateway itself.  At least in version I'm using anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...